Links - Other Peak State Processes Worldwide
Rev 1.2, Sept 6, 2012
This page contains links to information on:
Peak state processes from a variety of individuals and organizations;
Shamanic states and processes;
Groups evaluating peak states and related processes;
Professional or academic organizations;
Descriptions of peak states, experiences, and abilities;
Studies on peak states and peak experiences;
Unusual spiritual states;
Problems with peak states and abilities;
Triune brain biology for peak states;
Popular films and background videos relevant to peak states.
This page contains all of the peak state processes that we know of worldwide. If you know of a peak state process that isn't on the list, please email us at (to use this address, you will have to type it into your email program's "to" line). Some of the processes are described in our first textbook, Peak States of Consciousness: Theory and Applications, Volume 1: Breakthrough Techniques for Exceptional Quality of Life.
We have another links and book references page that contains information on: trauma therapies; regression and prenatal trauma; regenerative healing; current approaches for schizophrenia and other specific diseases; and other unusual healing phenomena.
- Using a simple few step process, The 15 minute Miracle by Jacquelyn Aldana, www.15minutemiracle.com. Similar processes include Lynn Grabhorn's Excuse Me, Your Life is Waiting (www.lynngrabhorn.com); Laura Day's The Circle (www.soulfulliving.com); and Lauren Holmes' Peak Evolution (www.naturality.net) which is more focused on the business world.
- Using brain biofeedback, Dr. James Hardt at www.biocybernaut.com.
- Alexandre Nadeau teaches a combination of peak states. Excellent work. www.alexandrenadeau.com
- Using music and body postures from Sufi tradition, Adnan Sarhan, 505-384-9879, www.sufifoundation.org
- Robert Johansson's process at www.riggiomodel.biz, based on the 'mythoself' process at www.mythoself.com. Developed using NLP ideas.
- The Oneness Movement and University in India, using the 'energy transfer process'. For people's experiences, see www.onenessmovement.org (or www.onenessuniversity.org). We're still trying to understand what they're doing in terms of our model. However, two of our colleagues reports that a reasonable percentage of students have a beneficial outcome.
- Quodoushka de-armoring. Although not exactly a peak state process, it does eliminate a serious type of problem, making people feel more positive and free in themselves. (We have verified that de-armoring does actually eliminate a serious problem in the person's primary cell.) www.shamanicdearmoring.com.
Un-evaluated peak state induction processes
- Partly evaluated. Using key words, the Ascension process at www.ishaya.com
- Un-evaluated. The 'assemblage point shift' method at www.assemblagepointshift.com
- Un-evaluated. The 'power sleep' process at www.powersleep.org
- Un-evaluated. www.learningstrategies.com.
- Un-evaluated. "Transforming Personality Structure and Healing Sou Wounds: The Essence Process and the Enneagram" by Andrew Hahn, Psy.D. and Judith Swack, Ph.D, www.andrewhahn.com/paper.htm.
- Un-evaluated. Project Renaissance with Win Wenger, Ph.D. For increased IQ and creativity. www.winwenger.com.
- Un-evaluated. Assemblage point shifting, at www.assemblagepointcentre.com.
- Un-evaluated. The Metamorphic Technique. The association page at www.metamorphicassociation.org.uk. An undirected healing process and a peak state process, primarily in Europe. In Canada, Sira Beaumayne www.themotleyloft.com at 613-267-4439.
- Un-evaluated. The 'Soul Birth into Whole-Beingness' process by David Cicia at www.blissofpeace.com, with information articles at www.freedom.blissofpeace.com.
- Un-evaluated. Rueben Feldman-Gonzales MD teaches a 'Unitary Consciousness' state as part of a larger structure called Holokinetic Psychology, at www.percepcionunitaria.org/en/.
- Un-evaluated. The CureDrive is a process that gives an immunity state that is reported to eliminate viruses like flue, herpies, as well as a variety of other problems. www.immunics.org
- Un-evaluated. Universal Medicine appears to focus on heart (emotional) connection between people. http://universalmedicine.com.au.
- Un-evaluated. Pesso Boyden System Psychomotor. www.pbsp.com
- Un-evaluated. Bloch Healing. "A touch therapy based on the person-centred principles of Carl Rogers, with the goal of achieving 'moments of clarity' similar to Abraham Maslow's 'peak experiences'. There is a website for clients http://bloch-healing.co.uk and for professional therapists http://blochhealing.co.uk."
- Un-evaluated. MIR-Method: "Self Healing Method for Mental and Intuitive Reset", by Mireille Mettes. She gives examples on her website. She appears to be using Gaia commands in her method. www.mirmethod.com
Shamanism - valid training from skilled teachers, but with very different orientations and objectives
- Tom Brown Jr, Awakening Spirits (a how to book). Training at The Tracker School, USA, www.trackerschool.com;
- Wes Gietz, training in Native outdoor survival, spiritual techniques and ceremony, Canada, www.windwalker.ca
- Michael Harner, Foundation for Shamanic Studies, www.shamanism.org; Way of the Shaman
- Sandra Ingerman, Soul Retrieval, www.shamanicvisions.com/ingerman.html
- Hank Wesselman, Spiritwalker, www.sharedwisdom.com
- Positive Psychology Center at the University of Pennsylvania - founded by Martin Seligman. Excellent articles, evaluation tests, and other resources at www.ppc.sas.upenn.edu. The best I know of in this field.
- The International Society for Quality of Life Studies http://www.isqols.org/
- The Quality of Life Research Centre in Denmark (English version) www.livskvalitet.org/cms.ashx/English/
- The Quality of Life Research Center at the Claremont Graduate University, http://qlrc.cgu.edu/about.htm
- International Positive Psychology Association, http://www.ippanetwork.org/
Amateur Evaluation Groups
- Michael McGrath's site for "reviewing personal development & self improvement products." His evaluations are focused so far on the previous generation techniques. www.angelfire.com/wizard2/release/personaldevelopment.
- Alexandre Nadeau's site (in French and English) has a free ebook, What I learned after having spent 10 years and $45,000 in self-improvement. Alexandre is well qualified to talk about this, as he is one of the new generation of peak state technique developers. Well worth the reading. www.alexandrenadeau.com/english/
Surveys of websites - some with relevant peak states orientations
- Ilectric Metasearch lists many websites, some with an implicit peak states orientation (this is for general interest only - we do not endorse any of these groups). For general categories see http://ilectric.com/glance/Society/Religion_and_Spirituality/. For training and eduction organizations see http://ilectric.com/glance/Society/Religion_and_Spirituality/New_Age/Education_and_Training.
- The archives of Scientists' Transcendent Experiences (TASTE) at www.issc-taste.org Started by Dr. Charles T. Tart, core faculty at the Institute for Transpersonal Psychology.
- The Exceptional Human Experience Network at www.ehe.org founded by Ms. Rhea White. Includes extensive cases and literature review.
Unusual Spiritual States
- Stanislav Grof MD, The Cosmic Game, LSD Psychotherapy, The Adventure of Self Discovery
- D. E. Harding, On Having No Head (about losing the ego shell)
- Dr Raymond Moody MD, The Light Beyond (on the Near Death Experience), Coming Back, and Reunions (on communicating with the dead).
- Dean Radin, The Conscious Universe: The Scientific Truth of Psychic Phenomena. Best book on the rational, scientific study of psi phenomena in the lab I could imagine by a researcher at the Institute of Noetic Sciences.
- Tom Brown, Jr.’s The Tracker School, www.trackerschool.com; Tom Brown Jr, Grandfather
- Rupert Sheldrake, The Rebirth of Nature
- The Gaia Hypothesis by James Lovelock, www.gaia.co.za, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Lovelock
- An extensive links page for spiritual emergency support and training programs worldwide at www.spiritualemergence.net/pages/related.html.
- Dr. David Lukoff's 'Spiritual Competency Resource Center' teaches CE credited courses in the area of spiritual emergencies and their relationship to meditation, mental illness, and psychiatric diagnosis. www.spiritualcompetency.com.
- The Spiritual Emergence Network was renamed the Center for Psychological and Spiritual Health. They list treatment, referrals, and descriptions at www.CPSH.org. In German, www.senev.de.
- Canadian Spiritual Emergence Service for people in spiritual emergencies - treatment, referrals, references at www.spiritualemergence.net/pages/home.html.
- An interesting discussion of one man's spiritual emergency can be found at http://spiritualemergency.blogspot.com/.
- Stanislav Grof MD, Spiritual Emergency
- Yvonne Kason MD, A Farther Shore: How near-death and other extraordinary experiences can change ordinary lives
- Elaine de Beauport, The Three Faces of Mind
- Tom Brown Jr., The Vision
- Harville Hendrix, Keeping the Love You Find
- Arthur Janov, The New Primal Scream
- Thomas Lewis M.D., A General Theory of Love
- Dr. Paul MacLean, The Triune Brain in Evolution: Role in Paleocerebral Functions
- Joseph Chilton Pierce, Evolution’s End
Popular Films and Background Videos Relevant to Peak States
- What the Bleep, 2005. Filmed for a general audience, was quite popular for a while, introducing concepts in consciousness work.
- The visionary DVD club, www.visionarydvdclub.com. DVD's of conference presenters from various international conference on: Science and Consciousness, Shamanism, Sacred Sexuality, Enlightenment, and Altered States. Most are of the people who first defined the field of consciousness studies in the 1980s. Dated but useful for background. The ISPS does not endorse this service or the DVDs.
- The Spiritual Cinema Circle, a service that sends DVD's through the mail. They are both fiction and non-fiction films. The movies are chosen to "Awaken Your sense of joy and wonder; Inspire love and compassion; evoke a deeper connection with the world around you." The ISPS does not endorse this service or the DVDs.
1.2 September 6, 2012: Added link to the Association for Positive Psychology, and fixed the link to the International Society for the Quality of Life Studies.
1.1 October 13, 2011. Added Bloch Healing with its 'moments of clarity' experience/state.