Peak States™ Therapy:
Institute (ISPS) techniques for healing and consciousness change
September 6, 2012
Throughout history, a number of spiritual and shamanic techniques have been developed to momentarily move into peak states of consciousness or acquire unusual abilities. Our approach is radically different in that we eliminate the trauma causes that makes us block these natural states and abilities. Thus, our approach tends to make the states relatively permanent without any subsequent effort.
The developmental work and modeling required to solve the problem of peak states had another totally unexpected result - the application of the work to processes for healing various emotional and physical conditions or diseases. We've focused on ones that are considered incurable by current medical technology. www.PeakStatesTherapy.com was written for the layperson, and describes some of the illnesses or problems that therapists treat. www.PeakStatesClinics.com covers other conditions treated at our Institute clinics. If you want to know more about the surprising biological discoveries we've made, go to 'Underlying Model'.
The collection of techniques below is called Peak States™ Therapy.
ISPS techniques designed specifically to heal trauma:
Whole-Hearted Healing™ (WHH): A regression technique for healing physical and emotional issues. Slower than EFT, and considerably more rigorous, its advantages include the ability to witness and understand experiences rather than just eliminating their negative impact. It is also not affected by energy toxins or psychological reversal. Currently WHH is our primary investigative tool. Therapists report that WHH can often get results where other power or energy therapies have not been effective. Summary information can be found on this website, and more detailed information can be found in The Basic Whole-Hearted Healing Manual by Grant McFetridge Ph.D. and Mary Pellicer M.D.
We apply various regression trauma healing techniques to specific pre- and perinatal developmental event to unblock peak states. (To simplify the regression, for the most part we use 'Gaia instructions' to target specific events.) Thus, each peak state has its own 'process', which are found in Volume 1 or Volume 2 of Peak States of Consciousness: Theory and Applications. Newer, more experimental 'processes' are in our new Peak State Therapist 1 Manual and our Peak States Therapist 2 Manual. However, some processes deserve special mention:
- Phrase Regression Technique™: This technique allows us to target and heal specific developmental events in utero and earlier in clients or ourselves. This is particularly valuable for peak states work and for disease processes that are a consequence of direct or indirect trauma at key events. This technique is explained in Volume 2 of Peak States of Consciousness. We call an application of this technique for a specific state or disease a 'process'.
- Merging: Allows one to experience oneself as another person, without requiring their participation, and to heal a client as if he were oneself. It occurs when brainwaves between people are synchronized. It appears to have potential medical applications, and is especially useful in cases where the patient is incapable of following instructions, or is too disabled or distant to use normal interactive techniques. We also found another unusual application, that of giving the ability to mothers so that they can communicate with very young or disabled children. Used in Advanced Whole-Hearted Healing. Taught in Peak States 3 training, and described in Peak States of Consciousness, Volume 3: Applying Peak States to Research and Healing (not yet published).
- Peak State Induction™: A method for a therapist to induce stable, long lasting peak states into clients. Taught as part of Peak States 2 training (course #290). It is in the Peak States 2 Therapist Manual and in Peak States of Consciousness, Volume 3: Applying Peak States to Research and Healing (not yet published).
- Laks Peak Experience to State Technique™: A simple, experimental process to turn momentary peak experiences or lost peak states into continuous peak states. It is found in the Peak States 1 Therapist Manual and in Peak States of Consciousness: Theory and Applications, Volume 2: Acquiring Extraordinary Spiritual and Shamanic States.
ISPS Techniques for Specific Diseases or Disorders
- Silent Mind Technique™ (SMT): This process directs the therapist to the core developmental event trauma that underlies involuntary mind chatter. It also shows the therapist how to eliminate the unrelated voluntary (subvocalized) mind chatter. This eliminates the voices (and in our testing so far, the visual hallucinations) that schizophrenics hear (read the testimonials). It also works for the clients tested who 'channelled' or were experiencing 'possession'. Taught in Peak States 1 training, and found in the Peak States 1 Therapist Manual (available only in our classes). It is described in Silence the Voices: From Mind-Chatter to Schizophrenia by Dr. Grant McFetridge (not yet published). This is a licensed process and we are applying for a patent. Certified therapists are listed on this website.
- Fox Addiction Method™ (FAM): This is a group of Institute techniques that work on alcohol, methamphetimine, crack cocaine, opiates, and marijuana addictions. This is a licensed process. Our training on this approach for addictions covers the four basic causes of addictions that we have found. This material is covered in the Whole-Hearted Healing for Addictions Manual.
Other ISPS techniques:
There are other techniques that don't quite fit into the other categories. These are:
- Distant Personality Release™ (DPR): A very fast and simple technique that can be taught to anyone, DPR eliminates personality issues (transference and counter transference) between people. It can be used to eliminate resistance to healing. It is ideal for couples work. It also is used to heal unusual phenomenon involving 'stuck thought forms' that can be the cause for some physical and emotional problems in clients. It doesn't heal directly - instead, it dissolves the connections that link traumas between people ("cording"). It is detailed in
Peak State Therapy™, Peak State™, Peak States™, Peak State Therapist™, and GaiaMusic™ are trademarks of the Institute for the Study of Peak States.
September 6, 2012: Changed the name of the Waisel Base Emotions Technique to the Waisel Extreme Emotions Technique to better reflect what it is used for. Relabeled the page name Peak States Therapy in the menu bar.
1.4 March 13, 2008: Added the phrase Peak States Therapy™ as an overall title for the collection of techniques. Changed the Direct Peak State Induction™ name to the simpler Peak State Induction™.
1.3 March 5, 2008: Changed the name of the Gaia Regression Technique to the Phrase Regression Technique to match Volume 2's description. Also corrected the Laks trademarked technique name. And added the trademark symbol to the Direct Peak State Induction technique.
1.2 October 20, 2007. Changed the name of the Waisel Ideal-Type Emotions Technique™ to the Waisel Base Emotions Technique™. Also added Triune Brain Therapy™ to the list of techniques listed on this page.
1.1. September 15, 2007. Changed the "Gaia Command Processes" heading to call it "Gaia Phrase Process™" to make it somewhat clearer to lay people. However, we use both phrases interchangeably in our textbooks.