Course #181: Preparation for Peak States Certification - Professional Training
Revision 1.2, Nov 28 2011
Certification occurs usually some months after the therapist graduates from the Basic PeakStates training, in order to build proficiency on themselves. The usual time is about 6 months from the start of the therapist training.
There is no guarantee that you will become certified after taking the Basic classes - we test for competence in using the techniques that you've learned. However, since we now make sure each module is done to completion before continuing on to the next, this shouldn’t be much of a problem.
If you are a graduate of Basic PeakStates training and you intend to become certified, please let us know by contacting us at .
A simple, step-by-step checklist for certification (Revision 1.0, PDF, June 19, 2008)
This PDF document gives a brief, step-by-step checklist of requirements for students who intend to become certified by the Institute.
Detailed Steps for Basic Certification (Revision 1.4a, PDF file, 208kB)
This PDF document gives the reasons for our requirements for certification, and describes the curriculum requirements, benefits and obligations of basic certification, and student's scope of practice as text and as summary tables.
Summary of Requirements for PeakStates Certification
● Crisis intervention training (with suicide intervention) or Suicide Intervention training
● Recognizing mental illness training (DSM-4)
● Training in recognizing and treating spiritual emergencies (coursework only)
● Valid legal licensing in the area that you practice
● Liability insurance for your practice
● Demonstration of skill for an Institute certification person
● Follow ethical behavior and safety guidelines as set by the Institute
● A written examination
● A minimum of 20% Brain Light peak state
We accept appropriate equivalent training to meet these requirements (with approval by the certifier).
There is a $100US annual fee for certification from the Institute for the Study of Peak States (if you are not employed at our clinics). We also require that the therapist remain updated on the latest material from the Institute (since the field is changing so rapidly). Thus, we re-certify at a regular interval to be sure our conditions for certification continue to be met. This entitles you to become listed on the website, have licensed access to Gaia music (and other material as it becomes available), and get support for your clients from more advanced Institute certified healers. We also have a 'charge for results' fee structure for clients as standard practice.
Practical experience working with clients using power therapies and peak state techniques is needed for competence. This can be done by mentoring or in a class. Obviously, specialized conventional training is also required for specific client groups: sexual abuse, domestic violence, addictions, mental illness, etc.
Sources for Insurance for WHH practitioners
- Australia: the international professional association for alternative therapies is called IICT. Both WHH and PeakStates are approved modalities. They offer insurance through OAMPS. www.iict.com.au/insurance.htm
- Austria: insurance is available via Rechtsschutzversicherung für Energetiker und ähnliche Berufe, www.gasler.co.at.
- Canada: we're negotiating with an insurance company called Preventative Health, wwwpreventativehealthservices.com. They are willing to insure WHH, but require a minimum number of practitioners enrolled, which is a problem for us. We'll update when we know more.
- Germany: insurance is available via an energy therapist organization, Berufshaftpflichtversicherung für Energetiker und ähnliche Berufe, www.basler-securitas.de.
- Switzerland: insurance is available via Betriebsunterbrechnungsversicherung für Energetiker und ähnliche Berufe, www.baloise.ch.
- UK: the Australian IICT professional association for alternative therapists has just opened a branch.www.iict.co.uk. They have WHH and PeakStates registered as accepted therapies, and offer insurance to therapists using our modalities.
- USA: the American Professional Agency Inc. at www.americanprofessional.com offers insurance for alternative therapies. This insurer works with the AIWP, the religious organization that we are licensed by in the USA.
The ISSSEEM also offers insurance for energy therapists. www.issseem.org/liability.cfm
Information for Certified Therapists
- Provisional Basic Certification License Contract (rev 3.5) PDF
- Client Brochure (rev 1.8) PDF
- Client Liability Agreement (rev 1.2) PDF
- How to Charge for Results (rev 2.1) PDF
1 day exam
Completed courses #100, 111, 121, 130, 140, 150, 160, 170.
Note to students who are currently being certified:
You do not have to take any of the new classes if you were taught using the old format classes #110 (WHH) and #120 (PeakStates). Certification requirements described in course #180 are unchanged. Basic Certification course #180 can be viewed if you have questions.
1.2 November 28, 2011: Added an insurance company for the UK and another for the USA to the list.
1.1 Nov 20 2009: Changed the course number from 170 to 180.
1.0 July 9, 2008. This course #170 is based on course #180 description, but with the requirements for mental illness, suicide and spiritual emergency moved to the new course #150.